We recently ended our “busy” season here at VGP, and to celebrate my family took a little trip to Negril, Jamaica. As a reward for breaking new goals and personal success I treated myself to a new vacation wardrobe. I wanted something easy enough to throw on over my swimsuit and go straight to dinner, and not too delicate since obviously it would be exposed to lots of sand and salt water, but also something that would be appropriate for some of the nicer restaurants and clubs that we would go to. I’m in love with my new buys, and I did some creative budgeting that allowed me to get everything for under $150!
Details: (left to right order)
1. Slouchy Blue Pants- These look great with high heels or flats, and are super flattering on my frame. Calvin Klien Outlet $29.99
2. Blue Stripped Shirt Dress- This was my wear everywhere staple. I could just throw it on over my swim suit, or pair it with a skinny belt and chunky necklace for casual evening wear.
3. Navy Striped Skirt with braided belt- Again, this looked super cute layered over my swimsuit with a statement necklace for a refined all over the resort style.
4. Merona Sandals- I wanted a cute around the ankle sandle that wasn’t too expensive since I would most likely wear them on the beach as well as in the evening. These were perfect! I’m not a fan of foam flip flops and these definitely served for multiple occasions!
5. Searsucker Shorts- Another wardrobe staple that could be paired with a nice button up, swim suit, or even a casual tee. I found these with an additional 60% off Memorial Day sale!
Banana Republic Outlet- $9.99 (no link available, this image is from Eddie Bauer)
6. Vintage Swim Suit– Definitely my most treasured piece. I found mine in a vintage shop almost four years ago for only $12! Even though I’ve had this piece for awhile, this is the first time I’ve worn it, and no beach wardrobe can be complete without a stunning bathing suit.
7. Statement necklace– I found a darling turquoise necklace on the clearance rack of the resort gift shop my first day there. I wore it plain for more casual outings, or paired with a vintage starfish brooch when I needed to be more glamorous.
Beaches Negril Gift Shop- $10 (clearance)
8. Skinny Gold Belt- An instant way to dress up any outfit.
Old Navy- $4.99 (clearance)
9. Vintage Starfish Brooch- I picked up this little guy at a local resale shop, and just knew that he would be the perfect accessory for my beach vacation. I was right! I pinned him to my swimsuit for poolside lounging, my chunky turquoise necklace for a little pizzazz, and the gold belt previously mentioned to dress up a boring buckle. He’s in almost all of my photos from the trip, and will surely be a treasure to forever remind me of this trip!
Will you be purchasing a new honeymoon wardrobe? We’d love to hear more about it!